To help the Cambodians of Bati area to grow in soul, mind, and body with Jesus Christ being our central focus in all that we do.
In order to expand and progress in fulfilling their goal, the Joy Community Center would like to establish the following:
- Build a dining area and W.C. for students and outreach teams
- Sports training ministry
- Develop sports facilities e.g. basketball court, volleyball court and improve the soccer field
Bati is located in Takeo province located 40km outside of Phnom Penh. Many of the families rely on rice farming, harvesting 1-2 crops per year. This is often not enough to feed their large families, averaging 5-7 children. Families are unable to afford school fees preventing many children from receiving an education. Those who attend are often pulled out due to financial issues such as debt. More often than not, families fall into debt when loans are sought out for purchasing motorcycles, fixing houses and buying cows. This lack of education and stable income generative activities traps families in the poverty cycle.
The Joy Community Center offers children and families of Bati community the following:
English classes are held 4 times a week for 3 – 15 year old students
Every Thursday morning, 180-200 children join in for a time of singing, games and Bible story-telling. Various topics are taught such as hygiene, good morals, reading and listening. First aid and lice treatment are also provided to children.
Adult Bible Study Groups
- Bible study is held at a house church every Friday morning and Thursday afternoon. The session focuses on learning the Bible, worship and prayer. Since starting the group in 2010, many lives have been impacted. Participants have overcome addictions and lead healthier and purposeful lives.
Christ Centered Environment
- Church services are held at the center every Sunday morning.
- Youth groups every Sunday afternoon provide a time of fellowship and small group discussion for young people. Youths expand their Bible knowledge, worship and learn how to practice their faith and lead others.
Seth and Somal have started reaching out to the children of nearby villages, Thang-roo-sae and Trapeang Trav. Every Thursday, they hold Kid’s Club, bringing many of the fun activities from the center with them.
Volunteer: The center is in need of short term and long term volunteers to help expand the programs.
Pray: For the children, families of Bati and our team.
Sponsor: Partner with us by becoming a regular supporter
Raise Awareness: Share our vision and cause with others to inspire them to stand up for justice.